Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Still Learn a lot From Them


After years of arguments, fights, pushing, shoving, growing, and moving, I cannot begin to describe the kind of impact my brothers have had on me. Yes, I know, that cliche "we've-grown-to-love-each-other-more" kind of thing is bound to rear its ugly head at some point, but it's different than that. I've often wondered what kind of childhood kids have when their the only kid in a family.

God made us to be relational, and it wouldn't be much fun not having another little person running around with whom you could relate. I'm always afraid that I won't learn all that I could from my brothers, but then I stumbled across Conner's blog, and I realized that my learning from them doesn't end just because of age or distance. I won't see Conner and Amy for two years at least. That's a pretty hard pill to swallow, but I think I'll be able handle it. Cameron was in Saipan for a year, and I made it out alive.

I just hope that I've made a similar impact in their lives, for being the youngest qualifies me for a lot of learning and some teaching. But they have taught me to think deeper and reach further than I naturally would . . . or else I'd be the Washerwoman for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment