Sunday, June 7, 2009

"When the lesson's over, you'll be with me..."

So, after a month of IT work, my time there is done. I have gained a love and respect for all the cooky guys who work in there, but most of all, I've learned to ask questions. Being in a completely foreign environment has given me a healthy respect for those who have expertise in an area of which I know absolutely nothing.


One man, James, was always helpful in explaining the importance of what we were working on, and I am forever grateful for that. Working hard is something that I can say I hadn't really done before. Sure, I've sweat and gotten backaches from things I've done, but I've never felt to great about washing my hands at 4:30 and seeing little brown bubbles slip into the sink. If anything, I will no longer complain about BCNet. :)

I'll get to see my parents in roughly 3 hours. Hooray! I am very ready for them to be back. It will be a fun wedding, but I must say, I've been kept in the dark on a lot of it. I don't even know if it's in a church or outside. Alabama in summer... let's pray it's indoor.

No comments:

Post a Comment